25 Things I am Grateful for Recently :)


1. My brother's Engagement Party and attending family weddings in general. I enjoy weddings because I like getting dressed up, the glamorous aesthetics of the whole day, the food,  and of course seeing loved ones take the next step in their life :)


2. Seeing my neice's cheeky smile, her little hands trying to touch everything, and her starting to crawl. 

3. Giving my prayer room a makeover! From choosing colours and accessories to sanding and painting, it really has been satisfying to see days of my manual labour (with some help from Dad) all come together. 

4. Catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while. 

5. Walks in the park. Fresh air and being in nature :) 


6. Physical self-care in the form of Hijaama (Wet Cupping.)

7. My parents for the kind and beautiful souls they are. 

8. A clean house that smells of Febreeze. 

9. Opening a window to fresh air in the middle of a heatwave. 


10. Drinking Kashmiri (Pink) chai and Masala chai *sigh*.  

11. Visiting my aunt and her family at their new home.

12. Cows in the countryside. And general countryside views. 

13. Catching up with cousins and their children :) 

14. Getting creative with crafts. 

15. A full English breakfast with sweet coffee.

16. Planning my brother's wedding!

17. Cooking Kawse for my family. Kawse is a Portuguese dish which is a stew of coconut milk, chicken, sweetcorn and spaghetti. You may have seen it on my insta Stories. :)


18. Buying a shiny new diary for the new Academic year :) 

19. Decluttering my belongings. 


20. Knowing there are more beautiful and kind people to counteract toxic people. 

21. Sitting on the prayer mat with my neice, and trying to pray whilst she's trying to pull the prayer book from my hand! One day insha'Allah (God Willing),  I hope I can experience this with my own child/ren. 

22. Random sweet WhatsApp messages. 

23. Girly chats and giggles. 

24. A hot shower after a tiring day. 

25. Oh. And this dessert ;)  



Those are the many large and smaller things that I have been grateful for recently. 

What have you been grateful for recently? Feel free to leave me a comment below! 

With love and smiles, Shai :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.