A Week Away in Wales. Part Uno


Hi guys! :) I know it's been a really long time since I blogged, but twas the Summer holidays :D Here it is as promised. I've just come back from Cardiff recently. I was sceptical because to me a holiday is somewhere abroad. "What'll there be to do?" I thought to myself. As we pulled up in the street we were staying in, I wasn't impressed with the exterior at all. It just didn't look very...holiday-ish. It wasn't a cosy cottage. It wasn't an apartment. It was a house.

Day 1.

The trendy interior designs (grey and bright yellows), decorated with cactuses, modern art work and sand timers gave it that really cool edge. Ok. So maybe this will be fine! After the obligatory bagsy-ing of who got which bedrooms, I set about exploring the house. Does anyone else feel the same way? Or just me who finds it fascinating to be in a completely different house? I must admit  that it was quite scary at night because the long hallway reminded me of that freaky twins scene from The Shining. I can't quite remember what we did on that Day; we must have just gone walking in the area to look for some Halal food and possibly a Mosque to pray at. Because needs. 

Day 2.


I always enjoy the morning part of any holiday. The fresh air. Showering. Sitting together at breakfast with morning conversation; "Good night's sleep?" "What was your room like?". And of course, the air decorated with the anticipation and excitement of the coming day. I welcomed a rush of crisp cold morning air into the stuffy kitchen. I jumped away on a trampoline in the middle of the garden, whilst two cats, one black and the other ginger, sat blinking away at me from a safe distance. A little while later, after my legs had gotten tired, I devoured some warm, sugary Welsh cakes and Elachi (Cardamom) Tea for breakfast, swung my rucksack over my back and stood waiting for my family.


We spent the day at Barry Island, which had the most beautiful cliffs to walk along. If you went right to the top, the view was breath-taking because you could see for miles around. The area we went to was quite small; much smaller compared to Skegness. However, they had plenty of souvenir shops you could buy cute trinkets from, and the choice of food places wasn't bad either. 

If you're after halal food, I would just double-check with the owners as to which oil the food's fried in, and if the meat products are fried separately. I was relieved to find a cosy café which sold food like jacket potatoes and paninis. It just makes the halal-factor easy. It also looked much more cleaner, ergo more appealing, than the greasy-spoons to be honest.

Later on, we visited Ikea for the first time. I'm a sucker for homeware, so I was like a kid in a sweet shop oohing and aahing at accessories. Who designs these rooms? They are freakin' awesome! I bought a pretty white pencil pot with laser cut flowers (because I need it and not because it looks good.) :P If you watched my Insta Stories, then you would have seen my Ikea haul. Did you catch it? 

Finally, the evening was rounded off with being cosied up with a blanket, popcorn at the ready, and Netflix ready to Play. 

That's Days 1 and 2. Would you like to know what I got up to the rest of the week? Keep checking my Instagram account acupofshai for Part 2! 

See you next time,
Shai 
:) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.

25 Things I am Grateful for Recently :)