A Week Away in Wales: Part Dos



                           

Welcome back for Part 2 of my Wales blog :) I'm going to get stuck in straight away :)

Day 3. 


This was probably the most eventful day! We went exploring at St. David's Shopping Centre (which is just really similar to Leicester Highcross) and found a cute little alley way which reminded me of Diagon Alley LOL! Mostly, it had quaint coffee shops and cafes. But it also had those super-posh tie and scarf shops you have to be a millionaire to shop at haha. Yup.Walked right past them! :P 


Later on, I attempted horse-riding for the first time. My horse (Barney) was a rebel; he didn't stop when I pulled at the reins. He also decided to stop twice for a massive wee and a poo, and then to top this episode off, he went a bit berserk trotting and nearly ran over one of the guides. Would I recommend horse-riding? Yes, if you are an animal lover, and want something out the box from shopping or eating. No, if you get nervous quickly.


Day 4. 



We spent the whole day at Barry Island chilling, relaxing on the beach, and then having deeper conversations. It was a tiny 15 minute drive from where we were staying. We reminisced about childhood holidays at the beach and then thinking about our futures. We laughed. We joked. Oh. And my Mum and I also spent a lot of the time just chasing seagulls away lest they pinch any of our food! Haha!


Day 5.  (Last Day)

I was feeling a tad glum cos I knew our holiday as coming to an end and we'd be kicked out the house pretty soon. After a lazy breakfast, and checking all of the rooms more than necessary for belongings ("Got your  phone? Charger? Wallet?") we went exploring an Indian shopping area and decided to pray our Jummah at a nearby mosque.  I am so glad they had facilities for women. With Somalians, Malaysians, Chinese, Pakistani, Arab, Sudanese and Indian gathered together to pray it felt really heart-warming. I just wish there was more of this in Leicester. (I definitely need to get onto that.)

So there you have it! My Cardiff blog. If you got this far, then well done to you! I've always lived at home, so it made me wonder what people must experience when they start a new life somewhere. It also made me thankful for my support network I had/ve around me when I was a student. I had 5 days to cover in this blog, so had to keep it to the point! :) 

Feel free to leave me a comment below! 
Keep smiling, 
Shai 
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.

Harry Potter and Social Re-birth: Resurrection and Redemption part 1