Sparkly and Smoky: A Classy Winter Makeup Guide
Here it is ladies, that time of year when you are going to put your glittery heels, glad rags and glam on! And what better way to finish off your look than with a glitzy makeup look? I've brought to you a makeup look which you can use at this magical time of the year.
The key to this soft Winter Makeup is that it's delicate and gentle. Think understated, that 'oh me' look. You want to try, but not too hard. When you say 'glitter', you want someone to think snowflakes and not 'Ugly-Stepsister-from-a-Panto.' The main style to this makeup is to use products which twinkle and reflect light, as this will look very classy and clean.
1. First, prepare your eyes with a primer, as this will allow your eyeshadow to sit without any creases.
2. Secondly, start sweeping on your base coat in a nude shade with a very soft hand. You can always build the product up for full coverage.
3. After this, it's time for the fun part! It's time to apply the glitter. With an eyeshadow brush, dip it into the glitter ever so slightly, and pat all over your eyelid.
4. Sweep away any excess product with a blending brush, and buff out any harsh edges.
5. Next, apply the same eyeshadow along the bottom of your eyes, using a slightly darker eyeshadow in the corner of your eyes.
6.Finally, coat your top and bottom lashes with mascara a couple of times for that extra long flick! I also like to apply eye pencil in the corners of my waterline and smudge it out for a smoky look.
1. Brush your lips with a toothbrush. Alternatively, you can buff out your lips with a lip scrub.
2. Use a lip brush to apply lipstick product, using a light touch.
3. Glide some sparkly gloss across your lips.
4. Smile, and show off those pearly whites! *sparkle sparkle*
Tips and Tricks
- For a more radiant glow to your face, I would recommend using either Liquid Highlighter Drops or Highlighting powder on your face.
- Prep your face with a hydrating moisturiser and a primer for a flawless finish.
- Brush some Highlighter product on your lips delicately for a healthy glow.
This makeup look can be used any time you're looking to finish off a glam #OOTD with a touch of sparkle. And remember, you're gorgeous as you are, it's more important to be sparkly from the inside first.
What other makeup blog posts would you like me to do? Leave a comment below.
Take care and have a lovely Winter!