How I styled my Big Fat Pink Indian Dress. #ootd

Hi readers :) In my earlier post Wedding Preps:Pretty in Pink...Maybe? I'd mentioned that we'd been given a pink wedding colour scheme. After traipsing around the local Leicester shops, I finally settled on this interesting fabric. It's based on bright pink net, with threadwork roses and peals and diamonds set in each flower or leaf. Well. Here it is!


Details

Style: Anarkali. The top is plain maroon satin, finishing at my waist, and the pleated skirt is the same satin with the pink net overlaid. My skirt has a raw edge as this looked cool. Since the material isn't traditional, I opted to keep the jewellery, makeup and overall style of the dress minimal.

Accessories: A statement pearl and diamond ring along, coordinating cream scarf. I finished off with a pearl clutch bag and nude shoes :) Since the scarf had a heavy string of pearls all the way around the edging with gold details, this contrasted quite well against the maroon satin top.

Makeup: Matte foundation, nude eyes, lashings of eyeliner and mascara. Deep red lips. Pink blush. Done.

Did you like the way I styled my outfit? What could I have done differently? Leave a comment below! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.

25 Things I am Grateful for Recently :)