Crumbs Cafe Review.


Perched on the corner of Sparkenhoe St, Crumbs Cafe was a delight to visit. The cafe from a design point of view has a "shack" sort of vibe to it, with coffee bean sacks lining the walls (so you can see exactly where they have sourced their coffee from) and brown, card style menus. 


There's a selection of breakfasts, from a full English complete with tomatoes and mushrooms to lighter options such as an omelette filled in a chapatti roll if you're not feeling quite so peckish! Love your carbs? Fill yourself up with their Jacket Potatoes which come with some really yummy fillings- they even offer tandoori or peri peri chicken. 


Although the menu looks like it doesn't have much food available, they have bakery style (chicken, meat and vegetarian) paninis, pastries, wraps, rolls and sandwiches at their counter ready to buy. I was truly spoilt for choice! I ordered chicken pastries but was disappointed with them- there was hardly any chicken in them *sad face*. 


You can choose to eat by the windows if you want to watch the world go by or take away one of their hot beverages. True, the space is quite cosy, and there is limited seating. I ordered an English Breakfast to share with a friend, and a Strawberry Milkshake. Bit of an odd combination, I know, but I didn't really fancy gulping down a hot Latte with hot food too. They happily swapped the Turkey Rashers (not a huge fan at all) for an extra sausage for me. 



The Strawberrry Milkshake was delicious! The real strawberries blended through the milk provided a really great balance between the tartness of the fruit, along with the creamy, sweetness of the milk and syrup. 


Overall, the service was really quick, and the boys who served us were also polite. I wasn't impressed with having to eat my English Breakfast out of a plastic container "due to Covid 19." I was slightly confused because I have been served in crockery at other places. Hmm...

I would reccomend eating at Crumbs cafe. Their food is filling, good value for money and there's such a variety to choose from.

This is the perfect place if you want to grab a quick bite to eat with your friends. Not a great place for a date(ing) unless you want to risk early exposure by your Aunt coming back from Primark, as it's on a main road connecting to the City Centre! 

I will tag Crumbs Cafe Leicester in my Instagram post! Till next time, keep smiling! :)

Shai :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.

25 Things I am Grateful for Recently :)