A She in Every Shea: The Body Shop VIP event.

          

Can you ever get too much of a great thing? No siree! This evening I spent my time at a VIP event for The Body Shop, which meant skincare consultations, makeup demos and a goody bag full of some treats. More on that later…

Did you know that The Body Shop have a brand new product launching soon? Here’s a sneak peek! Their new smell, launching in a couple of weeks is the Cactus Blossom, a refreshing scent intended for Spring/Summer 2019. To be honest, I’m not really a fan of novelty scents, preferring the originals any day. I wasn't a fan of the Vanilla Pumpkin, the Frosted Cranberries or even the Spiced Apple range. 



'Here we go', I thought in my head sceptically as the Sales Consultant came around smearing samples of the Body Yoghurt on our hands. 'Just another limited edition which won't impress me.' Let me tell you that sometimes it's delightful to be proven wrong hehe :P 

I was surprised that the Body Yoghurt was really easy to sink into my skin, and didn't leave a sticky feel like I'd been expecting! Containing Almond Milk, it is deeply moisturising and protective of dry skin. 



The overall Cactus Blossom smell, (with cactus flower extract from Morocco and honey sourced from Ethiopia), was refreshing and zesty! It was almost like smelling fresh grass along with a burst of grapefruit or strawberries. A must have for your body care regime if you're into fruity-floral smells. 



Along with the 'Cactus Blossom', The Body Shop have also released a brand new product: the Shea Moisturiser. This is essentially a bar of 100% Shea which can be mixed with other products to create your own beauty products. The consistency is very thick, so at £15.00 a bar, it is well worth the money as a little product goes a long way. 



Since the Shea bar can be used on its own to moisturise, or even be mixed
along with other ingredients, it is a versatile product which can be used on the face, body, hair and lips. We had a demo at the VIP event which was really exciting to watch! The Sales Consultant mixed a big lump of Shea butter with sugar to make an instant lip scrub. (I have used it a few times, and let me tell you that apart from making your lips baby soft, the sugar also tastes good lol :P) 

Fun fact: The Shea butter is handcrafted in Ghana by their local woman from the Shea nut, and it takes 1 woman 2 days to make 25kg of the Shea Butter. Click here to read about the Shea Story.



In true Body Shop fashion, all the members received a Free Goody Bag. The freebies were Spa Minis. It was the Mediterranean Sea Salt Resurfacing Body Scrub and the Brittany Coast Algae Bath and Shower Gel which went down a treat this morning in the shower. I can still smell the scent of the Scrub on my arms as I type this. You can head over to my Instagram page to see the cute minis. :) 


I think that the Cactus Blossom is a must for every girl who is truly fun, outgoing and bubbly! The Shea, although a great product, was a little too bland for my liking. It's the kind of non-scented products I'd use on babies instead. However, great for your basic regime :) What are your favourite smells? Will you be paying The Body Shop a visit? Leave a comment below, like and share! 
Till next time, keep smiling! :) :)
Shai xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.

25 Things I am Grateful for Recently :)