20th October- My Lou Lou's Vintage Fair experience :)

A few days ago, I went to a fair :) Lou Lou's Vintage Fair is a touring fair which happens annually this time of year. :) They sell vintage products like hair fascinators, silk scarves, pocket watches and suitcases. The fair was held at the plush Mercure Hotel on Granby St.


The atmosphere was charming and chilled out :) But I was also conscious of being the only girl in a headscarf there :(.One stallholder had used her retirement time to make these funky necklace pendants from old novels. Isn't that such a cool idea? Then were plenty of stalls selling floral tea-dresses and stylish fur-coats, (which reminded me of Del Boy), but I preferred looking at the products like typewriters and suitcases.
Image taken from the Lou Lou's Vintage Fair Facebook page. 
I had fun jabbing keys on an actual working typewriter, and using it was so weird when I thought of all the touch-screen technology we have today! The satisfaction of jabbing a key and hearing that metalling CLUNK.

They also had binoculars and cameras in strong leather cases; the kind my grandad brought over from Africa! Isn't it weird how old products come back into fashion?
The highlight of the event were these performers. They are called The Darling Creatures, and had dressed up in a vintage style. Beautiful curly hair, matte foundation, thick black eyeliner, rouge and of course, the signature bright red lips. They looked like someone had pulled them out of a 1960s film! When they were singing, it really was the cherry on the cake.

Image taken from the Lou Lou's Vintage Fair Facebook page. 

There were plenty of products which made me feel nostalgic. For example, these dainty flowery teacups are the kind a relative decorated her house with. I remember as a girl wondering why she displayed her teacups in her 'special' room when they belonged in the cupboard? Anyway, it was really charming to relish a slice of home-made coffee cake from the tearoom. They had an authentic display of British cakes, rolls and tea on offer. YUM. If you enjoy High-Tea, then go for this. It's teeeaalicious!

I'm a little traditional at heart, so I think that's why I enjoyed moosy-ing around the stalls and looking at antiques. I preferred the previous Vintage Fair I've been to because they had a wider variety of handmade products. This time, it felt like a lot of clothes...and then more clothes :( 

If you enjoy going to car-boot sales, then I would recommend this. Or if you want to do something a little different than eating waffles in Leicester, then do this. Or, if you like hunting for treasure, then...yep...do this.

Till next time, keep reading :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Define Story

How to have a Harry Potter themed birthday.

25 Things I am Grateful for Recently :)